So what’s the fuss with pre and pro-biotics? What are they? Why are they good for your gut? And where can we find them? Firstly, prebiotics are the food for probiotics. Inulin and fructo-oligosaccharides are the major types of prebiotics, which are mostly sourced from […]
Author: Annabel Johnston
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2/3 cup oat milk
- 2 tbs green spirulina
- 4 tbs peanut butter
- 6 tbs cashews
- 1/3 cup grated raw peppermint chocolate
- Sprinkle of bee pollen
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Apple and fig granola to taste
- Blend the oat milk, frozen bananas, green spirulina, peanut butter and cashews.
- Decorate the smoothie bowl with toppings.
Makes 2 smoothie bowls.
Print Mango and Banana Smoothie Bowl Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Ingredients 1 cup almond milk 3 tbs chia seeds 3 cups diced frozen mango 3 frozen bananas 1/2 cup blueberries 1 kiwi fruit Diced mango to taste 6 tbs slivered almonds […]
- 1/3 almond milk
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 4 sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup of granola
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- 4 tbs desiccated coconut
- In a blender, blend the bananas, almond milk, cacao and peanut butter.
- Place in a serving bowl and decorate with mango, strawberries, blueberries, coconut and granola.
Print Auto Draft Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Ingredients Bunch of basil 1/2 cup pine nuts 1 baked piece of garlic 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil 3/4 cup of parmesan Instructions Process ingredients in a food processor and serve. 4.21 http://nutsfornutrition.net/2017/12/19/pumpin-pesto/
Print Cheeky Cheese & Veg Muffins Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 55 minutes Ingredients 2 cups self-raising flour 1 cup grated cheddar cheese 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese Feta cubes to taste 1 sweet potato Small handful chopped fresh […]
- 5 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups ground almonds
- 1 tb cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tbs nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 8 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup activated chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped raisons
- 2 tbs ground flax seeds
- 2 cups soaked cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs lecithin (optional)
- For the carrot cake, pulse the carrot into small pieces and transfer into a bowl.
- In a food processor, process 4 tbs of coconut oil, date paste, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove powder.
- Add ground almonds and mix thoroughly.
- Add walnuts and raisons (most - 3/4). Ground flax seeds and mix by hand until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a highly greased pan and place in the fridge.
- For the cashew frosting, blend the cashews, honey, vanilla extract and water.
- Add 4 tbs of coconut oil and lecithin. Blend until well incorporated.
- Place the cashew frosting on top of the cake.
- Decorate with raisons (1/4), cinnamon powder and walnuts.