Sayuri’s Carrot Cake with Cashew Frosting
Sayuri's Carrot Cake with Cashew Frosting
- 5 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups ground almonds
- 1 tb cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tbs nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 8 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup activated chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped raisons
- 2 tbs ground flax seeds
- 2 cups soaked cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs lecithin (optional)
- For the carrot cake, pulse the carrot into small pieces and transfer into a bowl.
- In a food processor, process 4 tbs of coconut oil, date paste, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove powder.
- Add ground almonds and mix thoroughly.
- Add walnuts and raisons (most - 3/4). Ground flax seeds and mix by hand until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a highly greased pan and place in the fridge.
- For the cashew frosting, blend the cashews, honey, vanilla extract and water.
- Add 4 tbs of coconut oil and lecithin. Blend until well incorporated.
- Place the cashew frosting on top of the cake.
- Decorate with raisons (1/4), cinnamon powder and walnuts.